Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

January 8, 2013

"False Memory" by Dan Krokos

[Clickey the epic cover for Goodreads!]
Title: False Memory (False Memory #1)
Author: Dan Krokos
Publication: 2012, Hyperion

Summary: Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn’t at all surprised by Miranda’s shocking ability.

Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn’t easy—especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can’t remember loving.

Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn’t seem to matter... when there may not be a future
....read more


Review: The explosive high-quality action, well-developed characters, and high-strung plot-line equated "False Memory" to a striking and addictive thriller. Like a complex and clever origami creation, "False Memory"'s world and main character is folded from scratch, yet by the end, everything about this debut will blow you away in a wave of awesomeness!! 

Miranda, our fantastic protagonist, wakes with no memories whatsoever, and although confused, she remains relatively calm. However, the peace lasts for only a split second because before you know it, you will be swept away in frighteningly intense action. The world of Dan Krokos is very modern yet underground, the futuristic science blending in smoothly to create a solid arena for the story. Along with Miranda are the line-ups of others with her destiny and physical abilities and the inside romances, friendships, and adventures prove the fantastic chemistry that the author lit amongst his dynamic characters.

"False Memory" has such an addicting and compelling plot-line that I honestly couldn't put it down. Climatic points accent the overall story in effective places and kept the pacing moving constantly. Complex , twisted and deceivingly layered,  what you learn to think while reading is not going to turn out the way you think!

Through this book, the deeper theme of truly finding and knowing yourself and who you are will be clearly confirmed. Identity is an extremely important component of the developmental stage of adolescence so I found the author's theme very satisfying and cleverly chosen in relation to his target audience. -cue applause-

This debut has great romance, momentum, and excitement that will knock you off your seat so come one come all and immerse in the magnetic and thrilling world of "False Memory"!

Rating: ✰✰✰✰ 4 Rose-y Hoots

Final Notes: Ah, this book makes me all gushy because it was really quite the rollercoaster ride that refused to put you down! Once you get on, hold on tight because you will be in for the entire journey! The layering that I later discovered near the end had me comparing this book s bit to the style of the movie Inception. Sort of. To be honest, I was a tad confused near the end of this book, and it really took me a bit of turning the facts over around in my head before I really got it.Still, super enjoyable thrill of a ride!
 
Thanks for reading!
Vivian

7 comments:

  1. This sounds better than I imagined from the blurb! Great review, Viv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome review!! Hadn't heard about this one before, but just added it to my massive TBR list, lol. I'm such a sucker lately for those roller-coaster type books, I have too short an attention span for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I need to get this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one, but your review makes it sound awesome. It's definitely going on my wishlist. Also, thank you for your comment on my review of Ask the Passengers, and for being the first follower of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I'm glad you loved this one so much Vivi! While I thought this one lacked good and quality characters for me, I LOVED the action in this one. I couldn't put it down! Some of the plot twists were really great as well, and it definitely seems like the author knows how to effectively weave a fabulous and thrilling plot.

    Lovely review Vivian! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Katja, Helen, Aleksandra - Glad that this one's appealing to you guys ^_^ This was definitely a fun rollercoaster!

      @Taylor - you're very welcome, and thank you for following me too! :)

      @Aneeqah - sorry to hear that the characters didn't work out for you, but I agree! the twists were so much fun in this one! thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  6. WOW Viv! This sounds SO amazing!!! I freaking LOVE action-packed books and this sure sounds like one of the best YA action filled books out there :) I seriously love your review Viv! I can't wait to read this :)

    And HSAUIHSAUISHIA INCEPTION?! WOW. Another reason why I must read this ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!