Featured Review: "Talon" by Julie Kagawa »

February 15, 2012

"Halo" by Alexandra Adornetto

Title: Halo
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Publication:2010, Feiwel & Friends

Summary: Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They must work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.
Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods
...read more


Review: An ethereal love story, achingly beautiful in both the poise of the writing and the weaving of the storyline. For a hopeless romantic such as myself, you'd fall head over heels in love with this divine offering. As cliche as the angles theme may get, there is no denying that Adornetto makes it work wonders in a compelling and hypnotizing way. Easily liked characters for every person to pick a team contribute to a lovely, yet intense and radiating tale. What surprised me was the near absolute perfection of Adornetto's dictation of "Halo", in which it soaks the reader in a warm and sweet cloud of magic, while still successfully moving the pace of the storyline. Never a dull moment, you crave and you get. You feel ecstatic, then crestfallen in beat to Bethany. You feel completely satisfied by the exquisite love story, yet you still gasp for more. To fully enjoy this heartwrenching first book of this trilogy, one must give away all stubbornness, and let the romance spread its wings in full flight and carry you airborne. Then all that's left is to savour each and every moment of it.


Ratings: ✿✿✿✿ 4 Blossoms
Final Notes: I found out that the author wrote "Halo" in her last year of high school. Which is amazing. Honestly, why I loved this book so, so much is because of how much in sync it is with my own fantasies of angels. It truly clicks with my imagination to an extent like never before. Perhaps this review is slightly, personally biased, as I've heard how you either love or hate this book, but I sincerely hope you'll have as good an experience with it as I did. I bought this one! 


Vivian

7 comments:

  1. I got a copy of this book shortly after it came out, then completely forgot about it. Thanks for putting it back on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, your review itself sounds like poetry! I like your "voice" a lot :) and also the catchy name and pretty design of your blog. I wasn't too impressed by Halo's sample chapters but since I featured this book for Shelf Candy myself a couple weeks ago (great minds think alike?) I was curious enough to read your review and was glad I did.

    New follower! :)

    Annie in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie! Thanks for reading my review ^_^
      Ohmygosh, and the award for nicest comment on a review goes to you, haha! I know Halo isn't a book for everyone, but maybe still give it a chance? ^_~

      Thanks for the follow! I RTF-ed :)

      Delete
  3. How nice of you! To reply to your comment on my blog - yes I will be reviewing Lies Beneath so I'll let you know when I've posted that :)

    Yay for being blog buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a great experience with angel type books so I did hold off on this. I love your review. It definitely wants me to go out and get it. I guess I can give angels another chance :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read this post, please, by all means, leave me a comment! They make me very happy, and I will almost always get back to you! Thank you for reading!